Sunday 15 November 2015

Disneyland Paris Closure Update

According to the official Disneyland Paris website, the parks will be closed for an extra 3 days.

disneyland paris closure update terrorist attacks
A small, rather paranoid, part of me can't help but wonder whether this national 3-day mourning period doesn't have something to do with intelligence organisations suspecting more attacks. I mean, the whole of France is pretty much on lock-down. Apparently, businesses are officially advised to remain closed.

Paranoia aside, you should've seen me during my X-files binge-watch, I do think the people staying at DLP are pretty safe. There's no doubt in my mind that they have significantly increased security (perhaps undercover) at the hotels and Disney Village. And probably around the train station and bus stops as well.

I should've posted these yesterday, but I think I was still a little shocked at what had happened; links to several helplines:

List of embassy contact information.
English speaking helpline if you want to talk about what happened.
And if you're unaware, there's the #porteouverte #opendoor hashtags on social media from people willing to offer a safe place to stay in case of emergency.

It saddens me to see the death toll has gone up since yesterday. Though, that was to be expected given the magnitude of the attacks and many victims being in critical condition.

I can only hope the survivors can find a way to get through this and find some sense of happiness and security again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment