Friday 6 November 2015

Welcome To DLPZest

Who is DLPZest?

I believe a short introduction is in order with this brand new blog. As an extreme introvert I'm not very good at this, but here goes.

My name is Nadia and I will be your host on this website, providing you with all the flavours Disneyland Paris has to offer. My native language is Dutch, so if you find any mistakes feel free to point them out so I can improve your reading enjoyment and my English in one fell swoop.

Even though I live near Antwerp (Belgium), only about a 2 hour train ride from Paris, I may as well be living in a different galaxy. No really, how awesome would it be to live in Paris or Val d'Europe?Would you think me obsessed if I moved there? Just for the park?

My first trip to DLP was in 2012. Being in my early thirties at the time, I guess that makes me a bit of a late-bloomer. But hey, nobody's too old for Disney, right? I'll write more on that first trip in another post.

Due to some health issues, including CFS/ME, my trips to Marne-la-Vallée are becoming increasingly more challenging. They're still worth it, though. I just need to accept my limitations and make some preparations that will make things easier for me during my stay. And I thank my lucky stars for still being able to go on a short vacation like this. I'm well aware not everybody's that lucky.

Why did I start DLPZest?

My goal for this website is to share my new-found obsession. Not everyone has the opportunity to visit DLP as often as they'd like - once a week sounds heavenly, unfortunately I'm limited to yearly visits. Scouring the web for blogs to keep the magic alive is what keeps me sane (or is it insane? we're all mad here) those other 360 odd days a year. Hopefully others in the same boat will find some of the magic right here.

And yes, even though my first trip was in 2012, my true obsession began only a couple of months ago, after booking my November trip. Because I wanted to be prepared, unlike last year, I started looking for tips from other disabled travelers, and well, one thing led to another...including the launching of this blog.

What will I be blogging about?

This is probably a bit redundant by now; Disneyland Paris. Occasionally I'll also blog about the other parks or perhaps Disney movies or history. I'm a bit of geek and have a tendency to share every tid bit of information I find interesting. At least online you can scroll past it, unlike my friends and relatives offline.

I'll also be providing travel tips specifically for spoonies like me.

Photography is something I've always been interested in. So I'll be sharing my own pictures here. Spending the last couple of months watching Youtube channels, I'm now keen to give video a go as well. Don't really have the right equipment for it, though, so we'll see how that goes.

Do you want to get in touch?

You so totally rock!

Whether it's to ask advice, give me tips to improve this blog or send flames (which will be used to save on my energy bill), you'll find the contact form at the bottom of the screen.

Please be patient with me; depending on my flare-ups I'm sometimes unable to work the computer for days. In those cases you may have to wait a while for a reply.

Where else can you find me?

Below you'll find the social media accounts where I'll also be active. Keep in mind that at the time of writing, these are brand new accounts. For the time being, you're more likely to see tumbleweed roll past than anything interesting.

twitter: @DLP_Zest
tumblr: dlpzest.tumblr.com
youtube: coming soon (slightly embarrassed to admit my age is showing and I have no idea what I'm doing there)
facebook: coming soon...maybe...I dunno...leave feedback if you prefer a fanpage to stay up to date
pinterest: coming sometime in the most likely very distant future...I like pinterest, not too sure I'll have enough energy to update so many accounts, though. Again, leave feedback if this is something you'd like to see.





No comments:

Post a Comment