Friday 20 November 2015

Update On Disneyland Paris Park Opening

Seeing as I'm leaving for Disneyland Paris next week, I'm keeping a close eye on what's been happening the past couple of days.

Security measures have increased significantly:

  • military presence (including at the train station)
  • more police
  • more canine units
  • security personnel at entrance increased
  • cast members also get checked


If I remember correctly, everyone entering the park is now checked with a metal detector and has to open their coats.

I'm sure there's been an increase to invisible security as well (security agents in the park wearing regular clothing, for example). And there's no doubt in my mind that all cast members have been prepped on what to do when they notice something suspicious.

Was reading this blog post, and apparently the hotel security has also increased (10 security agents).
The post also has some interesting updates/pictures on the refurbishments.

Even though there was a dark cloud hanging over me whenever I thought of my upcoming trip ever since Friday - not out of fear, but sadness for all the people who've lost lives/loved ones in terrorist attacks, and concern for what these events will do to our society - today, that magical feeling is back.

I'll finish packing my bag today (I've been occasionally dumping stuff in there for a week now). I prepared a list, but most likely I'll have forgotten to add something due to brain fog, this way I'll have a couple of extra days for my brain to catch up and remember to, I don't know, pack my tickets...


No comments:

Post a Comment